- The four public catalog computers in the front room are now available for patron browsing.
- Toys and puppets have returned to the children's room.
- Masks are still required by anyone over the age of five in the children's room, regardless of vaccine status. We have free masks if needed.
- The meeting room remains closed and in-person programs are still on hold.
Per Governor Baker's reopening plan, there will be some changes at the library:
- The contact tracing log was stopped a few weeks ago and now all the logs have been shredded.
- Masks will no longer be mandatory for people who are fully vaccinated. We are relying on the honor system for enforcement and ask that unvaccinated patrons continue to wear masks.
- We also ask that everyone over age 5 entering the Children's Room continue to wear masks because most children will not be vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated but feel more comfortable wearing a mask, I am sure that you will not be alone.
- Following updated CDC and MBLC guidelines, the library will no longer quarantine returned items.
- The use of contact tracing sheets has ended. Patrons will no longer be asked to sign in to the building.
- **Please note that masks are still mandatory.
- If you cannot use a mask, please call us at 508-699-0122 during open hours to request front porch pickup.
- Public computers will still be disinfected between patrons, and partitions remain in place.
- The library will continue on the current scheduled open hours through the summer, or until the state of emergency ends. Monday - Thursday: 9:30 am - 7:00 pm. Friday-Saturday: 9:30 am - 2 pm.
- Patrons are required to wear masks at all times while in the library. Patrons must also continue to sign in with complete contact informaton for the town's contact tracing.
- The 90-minute time limit per day has been removed.
- There are four computers available to the public, and each is sanitized between users.
In response to Governor Baker's latest restrictions, the library has reduced capacity to 25%, which is 19 patrons at a time.
Library response to COVID-19, by Director Frank Ward
At their regular meeting last night the Board of Library Trustees voted to the following in response to the surge in cases across the area. These changes will start on Monday, December 14, 2020 and will remain in effect until further notice.
- Hours of operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM; Friday and Saturday: 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM. The Library Commissioners have suspended their rules regarding hours of operation for this fiscal year.
- Maximum capacity of the building at 40% is 30 people including staff; this will be enforced.
- Maximum stay in the library is 90 minutes per patron per day.
- Masks must be worn properly while in the building.
- The contract tracing sheets must be filled out clearly with full name and a valid method of contact.
- All patrons collecting their holds and not interested in browsing will be encouraged to use front porch pickup of materials.